Skilled Legal Assistance With Construction Law Disputes
If you work in the construction industry in California, you know how contentious it can be. For many construction businesses and professionals, avoiding and resolving disputes are necessary parts of doing business. At the San Diego law firm of Buscemi Hallett LLP, we can help you protect your interests. Our lawyers understand the struggles you face and can offer the guidance you need. Keeping your bottom line in mind, we will strive to resolve your legal claims quickly and cost-effectively while helping you obtain a full recovery.* Give us a call today for a free consultation about your particular challenges.
What Issues Are You Facing?
We represent general contractors, subcontractors, design professionals, suppliers and general trade workers in all types of construction-related legal matters throughout the state. Our attorneys have decades of combined legal experience to apply to your construction law issue, including matters involving:
- Construction contracts: Reviewing and drafting contracts, and assisting following a breach of contract
- Insurance disputes: Denied or delayed claims, indemnification and disagreements regarding coverage
- Construction defect and SB800 claims: Defending and mitigating alleged damages, litigating industry standards, pursuing affirmative claims for damage and suing responsible parties
- Delay claims: Defending and prosecuting construction schedule delay claims
- Litigation: We prosecute your affirmative claims and defend you against any aspect of a construction or insurance dispute. We also develop a strategy to avoid litigation if at all possible by seeking pre-suit actions to settle before litigation and/or before trial
- Mechanic’s liens: Securing liens, obtaining releases and resolving payment disputes
Providing Aggressive, Cost-Effective Representation. Millions Recovered.
At Buscemi Hallett LLP, we have successfully prosecuted and defended our clients through negotiations and trials, recovering millions of dollars on their behalf. Our attorneys, Michael Buscemi and David Hallett, have represented some of the largest national and multinational construction companies, material suppliers and engineering firms doing business in the state of California. We routinely assist small contractors and vendors avoid the often drastic impact of nonpayment. Attorneys at Buscemi Hallett LLP are rated AV Preeminent* by Martindale-Hubbell, included in the California Super Lawyers list, featured as Top Lawyers by San Diego Magazine and proud to receive Avvo’s Client Satisfaction Award. We apply over 30 years of combined experience with an innovative and tailored approach to meet your legal needs.
*Past results do not guarantee or predict future outcomes.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.